Wednesday, December 25, 2002

CHRISTMAS MOMENTS

Baby Ela loved the dollhouse I gave her. Told her Mom that she's always been mature for her years and that I just know she's not going to grow up a bitter, rebellious child. She's an old soul. And I love that she still loves her father who owed her a lot of fatherly loving and attention. Happy 6th birthday to her on the 29th.

I borrowed a really beautiful Bonita (see picture of baby below) from her Mom at 1:30 pm yesterday. They didn't get her from us till past 7:30 pm. All afternoon, my sister and Dad just doted on the girl, fed her stuff, played with her, performed antics to make her laugh, changed her diaper, consoled her when she cried and lulled her to sleep. I just know our home is lacking it's own grandchild.

KC just had to sing with the videoke songs. He also had to really render the mic unsuitable for other family mebers to use due to drool. He also had to spit-blow on the wand of the bubbles...and totally mess up the floor...and then drool over Karylle.

If I gave my nieces and nephews Christmas money and gifts, how come I also got delegated the task of shouldering their Entrance Fees/Ride-All-You-Can eks to Enchanted Kingdom when we go this weekend?

Kyle, my supposedly beloved nephew, my godson, the one who....when he turned one, had his first hair cut by me, and had some of my hair joined to his in a book, to ensure intelligence, in the spirit of tradition and superstition...is a pain in the arse! I can understand the psychological effect having cousins and two younger siblings suddenly take away the limelight from him, but he is just sooooo sutil that he has stopped being endearing.

My favorite tita, the one who sired almost 10 kids and only had 5 of them live (she always gets twins), my Mom's youngest sister, has this possibility of getting really rich by next year. I hope things work out well for her so she can buy a house and car for her family and spend more days together with them. It's so sad for moms to be separated from their kids while the kids are still growing up.

My sister gave me this cool, sexy black top. Sigh...she just really knows what works for my bod!

I got a compass from a person who knows that I am a traveller of life, and that I have gotten lost many, many times. It's not only symbolic for me.....it woudl also be useful once I really tackle becoming a mountain climber.

What is it with bubbles anyway that kids love it...and i am still left in awe of it?

Discussed a jerk of a cousin with my aunt and uncle. Am real sorry, but a person who do not even have the decency to do the right thing and see his own parent buried....deserves to be disowned. So, even if I would always care for him, I vow to never have anything to do with him again. Lack of respect is lack of respect; family is family......no matter what your religion is.

Despite deaths of people I loved in my adult life so close to Christmas, I realized yet again how I love having a family so big, with all of us involved in each other's lives.

My parents' most favored gift was a wall clock with our 1998 family picture for a background.

I lost all ambition to be this naughty, party girl in the confusion of gift-buying and Christmas-planning/spending. Wonder when i'd take up that goal again.

I hope I gave love this Christmas day