Saturday, December 28, 2002

The great thing in the world is not
so much where we stand,
as in what direction we are moving


Met 3 of my college friends...we had dinner at Chef d' Angelo (golly, the carbonara!), exchanged gifts at Starbucks (I got The Alchemist book) and went to the Boardwalk in Luneta (yes, after 4 years of college near Luneta, it had to take us some 4 years after graduation before going there to hang out). I bought this bubbles thingie for P10.00 (when you can buy a dozen of the same for only P35.00 in Divisoria) and while we talked about love, relationships, old times, dream weddings, politics, career pathing and women empowerment...i huffed and i puffed and blew my brains out

One nice thing gleaned from this year's gathering is that....all 3 of them told me that they still kept those mushy notes and inspirational quotes I used to make for them or share with them before. One even said that she posted this poem I made and that someone in their faculty was impressed with it. Of course, that person also commented that my poem was a sad one.

Which brings me to here and now... I am still that child who made that poem after having cried year after year... but I am not anymore that person who was constantly depressed. Proof? I still cannot make any poems even with the 2 deaths in my life the week before Christmas.

I congratulate myself for having taken the task of allowing myself to be happy. And I know I am becoming happier. And is there any better goal?

Be not simply good, be good for something

Aside from hoping that I would become a mountaineer....I'm also hoping to become a really good volunteer again. The two years I was away from social service were necessary because I had to be selfish for awhile and nurture/pamper myself for awhile. Now I have something I can give away again because I am more solid. I am more centered. And a part of me is seeking to be given away too. The most educational time of my life was when I was serving voluntarily and touching lives of people who needed someone to care. Hmmm... come year 2003, i'd be singing I will be here again...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

by the way....all four of us, who graduated with honors and have thriving careers....pretty much successful, empowered, confident women....vow to be housewives to raise our kids ourselves....

it was often said that the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world....funny how we all felt it's about time the rocking of the cradle be done again by the people who will most love our children and have the most to teach them.....none other than their mothers