Saturday, December 14, 2002

+++@ +++@ Scary

Dreamt of my ex....He asked me if he could be my date at our High School reunion....in the dream, he was still married...and yet, he asked to be with me.....This worries me...questions of my being over him cannot help but surface..I try to tell myself that I will always love him...and there would always be this big room in me that will always give him the highest regard, and our time together, the fondest memories....

Besides, his firstborn is due this Christmas week...


+++@ +++@ Pitiful

There is this guy I know who has sweetened my days with wonderful text messages and long conversations over the phone. I only saw him once, and had one chance to kiss him (only, I didn't because I didn't want things to either start or end that way). I wanted to know him more, but he turned weird on me. Fast forward to months after that, he'd remember me sometimes and send sweet messages and I'd respond accordingly. In a way, one cannot help but be fond of him for he can be real endearing. So endearing in fact that he's surrounded himself with many girls to sweet-talk and get weird with. What's worse, he's met a girl who doesn't seem as strong (for the girl has completely fallen for him). And it's so sad, for him to be hurting a lot of potential mates and girl friends this way. And it's sadder when you think that he will never be happy with himself, knowing how much of a LIE he is, and having done all those hideous things with human emotions.

+++@ +++@ Hopeful

I had a dream in childhood that finally found an opportunity to come true. I just want to put in words that I have psyched myself up...that I may need to humble myself in ways I have not imagined....just for things to be fulfilled

+++@ +++@ Embittering

Is there such a word? People have never really had a hand whether they will be born first or last in a family. I didn't want to be born first, and yet I have embraced what being a firstborn child should be. I have always deserved the education I got, and I have never really brought home embarrassing news wherein I featured (that role was left to my brother). And yet, sometimes, I cannot help but think that I can never give enough back to my family...and however grateful my parents might be of how I'm able to help them now...it'd would always be me that had to sacrifice a little (even if I also made all the more responsible choices in life). Both siblings have no obligation at all to give back, but whatever I do will never be enough...

+++@ +++@ Sentimental

It all started with questions posed to our Div. Manager on what she brings for 'pasalubong' to her grandkids in the US. She answered with 'CHOCNUT' and 'JACKSTONES'. That started a reminiscence of childhood games we played....how we've sailed paper botas on flooded streets, picked up sticks, picked up balls from canals while playing football, how many trees we've climbed, how we played 'bahay-bahayan', how we played in the rain and had spiders, salagubangs, etc. compete....how much fun it was to play 1,2,3 or Santacruzan or luksong-tinik or piko or sha-to...

And it saddens me to find the kids now, not in streets or fields, but either at home or some gaming center, facing monitors instead of beating up playmates or running with friends....