Wednesday, February 19, 2003

our first night together
seems to be hundreds of eons away
our first words to each other
i try and recall everyday
first touch, first dance
your eyes at your first glance
the smell of mingling perfumes
flowers picked in their early bloom
your smile, your wisecracks
that awakened up a part
mannerisms and expressions
which endeared you to my heart
for how long will i remember
no one truly knows
except that you're the other--
half of my lost soul
which brings me to tell you
i'll forever be waiting
coz there's a place inside my being
where only you can reach within


- JS Prom '93
May 1, 1993 9:17 pm

....ok, ok... I admit, this is kinda cheesy and pathetic. But hey, I WAS in high school, and it was February. Anyway, the point to this post is... the guy to which this poem is/was dedicated became the greatest crush of my life. And he ended up dropping from Mapua, dropping from La Salle Top (that one in DasmariƱas, Cavite?), growing a beer belly and haunting bars in Makati. He also ended up sleeping with my bestfriend, the one he courted in 2nd year HS (I didn't know my bf then).