Sunday, March 30, 2003

Around 20 years ago, I was feeling all kinds of embarrassed because Mom was stripping me in front of so many people. It didn't make a difference to me that I was only around 6 years old that time and didn't have much of tits yet. We danced to Pearly Shells as a graduation presentation... and dang, I just loved my grass skirt!.

*~*~*

Yesterday, I was reminded of that kindergarten graduation as I watched my niece, ELA, get similarly dressed and undressed in the covered gym of their school. She graduated second of their class, and I was just too teary-eyed proud of her. let's say, after my sister, I love her best. And I was also sooo proud of her Mom for doing a great job despite my cousin's (the bilogical father) irresponsibility.

*~*~*

One of the presentations at my niece's graduation was this uhm, dance number of BAKIT PAPA. True enough, the girls were wearing this loud-red brassiere tops and red mini skirts with hi-cut boots and gyrating like crazy. My own niece was also part of another dance number where, again, they were just really swaying their undeveloped hips. And then, a wee lass rendered a SOLO performance of dancing to that "You're sooo sexy, sexy, sex..." song.

Some parents found her cute. Well, she WAS cute. But I could not help but be bothered at the sexuality and sensuality she was exuding at the age of 6. It just wasn't right. I could not help but believe I was watching a Pegasus dancer who's only 6 years old. The girl deserves credit, she can move!!! But... she looked promiscuous. And she shouldn't be looking that way. And it was a graduation, not some sick circus.

*~*~*

The worse thing was, this teacher/emcee's comment after the solo performance. He said something to the effect that... Whew, it seems everybody was awakened by that number.. and not only the young boys.. . Arrrggh, I could just have killed him. I mean, the 6-year old boys weren't even paying attention!!! And there he was, implying that a lot other guys, like him, got hot and bothered over the little girl!.

*~*~*

My cousin didn't even buy my niece new shoes for graduation. And of course, he didn't attend. I was so upset with him last night and I texted him that it's so sad, his child (who deserves financial sustenance if nothing else) is growing up without him getting to know how beautiful and wise she is becoming. I also texted him that the bad karma of his irresponsibility towards Ela might be paid by his kids with his wife (I just realized that his kids with wife have been always sicker than Ela ever was). I love his other kids too, i'm even godmommy to one... but dang the man, I hate how he's been hurting Ela.

*~*~*

NOTE ABOUT THE WAR:

Funny, the Americans are crying out about the inhumanity of Iraqis by showing that video of American POWs and cadavers. But I don't hear them saying that it's wrong for their own people to have bombed hospitals, schools, places of worship and water reservoirs in Iraq.