Monday, March 17, 2003

I remember, back in college, and Philippines is still experiencing a rainy season, me and my friends would be found wading in flood waters to walk from our school to P. Gil LRT station. We didn't really have a choice then, none of us had a car, and taxis and jeepneys usually only get stuck on the streets anyway... so walking in murky water with unidentifiable/unimaginable floating objects it is.

One time, as we were walking huddled close because it's cold and raining and none of us really had an umbrella... I was hollering to my alter-ego, Allee, to take care because she might fall in a manhole. Suddenly, I felt myself falling and the first thought that came to mind was... ""What the hell, i'm shrinking!!!!". It took me several moments to realize that my left leg was halfway through a manhole already!!! Imagine the laughter that ensued from my gang... while passersby thought I collapsed.

And I dunno why I thought of that incident... but ahhh, we really had good times then, my friends and I.

*~*~*~*

After more than 25 years of existence and wondering, life saw it fit to finally let me see something... err... weird. When I opened the gate to our compound last night, I was stupefied to see... a TOM humping a TABBY. Yes, folks... I believe i'm one of the few privileged enough to actually saw cats making love. And though it felt atrocious, because i've only actually seen dogs do it... oh and yeah, turtles on TV... it was uhm, also err, nice to know that a cat humps with more finesse than a dog. In fact, being true to feline qualities, he does it slowly and purposely.