Sunday, March 09, 2003

Last Saturday night, while I was walking along a dirt road, alone and without a flashlight to guide my way.... I was still, nonetheless, accompanied. Somehow. Somehow.

Weird, when you have a flashlight in the dark, you're always looking down on the road. And the road ahead. But in the dark of night without an artificial light to guide my way, I found myself looking up at the sky... using where the trees from both sides of the road meet up above to assure me that i'm in the safest side of the road... I found that symbolic of faith and surrender...

Decided to sing a Gary V. song, "Take me out of the dark"

And realized, back in college when I was most distressed, confused and lost... I sang the same tune... And was delivered from the dark indeed.

And then I saw them... fireflies hovering up ahead. And my heart was free. My steps were light. And I arrived safely back at camp.