Sunday, March 23, 2003

I ate a pint of ice cream after getting home last night at past 10, after watching Chicago with climber friends. And after watching said movie, it felt right killing jerks in the guise of men.

*~*

Had this weird dream that two of my high school friends were fighting over one man. And in the middle of the dream, my family and I ate at this exclusive restaurant overlooking the sea, and when I was enjoying the view from the big picture window, I looked down to see 14-16 year old girls naked and frolicking in a private pool and jacuzzi downstairs. The bad thing was, to the left of the pool, a girl was teaching two other girls how to induce vomiting. Anorexia and Bulimia came to mind.

*~*

Went dancing at Padi's Timog last Saturday night with friends. We were suposed to just booze the night away but I suggested the place since MTC was holding an EB there. Met some of them but didn't really hang out with them much, since I was with my climber friends. It was kinda bitin coz I only danced for like, 2 hours.

Again, poles do not help in making me behave. Ledges too. Cages too.

*~*

Some climber friends and I were discussing relationships. One guy pal had the audacity to tell me i'm wrong to assume that whoever partner i'd get that will not be a mountaineer, will also not understand my being a mountaineer. He also added that climbing would just be a source of conflict for us.

It's sad that people readily assume that i'd settle for a person who will not suport my passions. It's sad and irritating to know that people don't know me enough, and therefore, trust my judgment enough to assume that I will get and marry a guy who will make me stop doing something i've loved doing even before I met him, and that he'd be narrow-minded to get jealous of my climber friends.

Sure, it happens a lot. I know that. But it still boils down to the choices you make. If you choose to stay in a relationship where you'd have to stifle some of your hobbies (especially something like mountaineering, as opposed to say, orgies), then it's your choice and you'd suffer the consequences. And if you get unhappy by it, you still brought it upon yourself.

I would really hope for an athletic partner. And I won't mind scaling mountains with him and our future kids someday. But I really don't want him to be a fellow in the same org. There are enough other things to do on earth that he could share with me instead.