Wednesday, March 19, 2003

My Mom left a message for my dad. Her note read:

"Senior, please pay the Meralco bill, love, Commander In Chief"

Actually, my dad calls my mom, Doña. And it just made me smile this morning to know how far my parents' marriage have gone. They've just recently celebrated their 26th anniversary and I still cannot help but thank God for the same thing again and again: that my parents were among those people who were brave enough and committed enough to see a marriage through.

Not every parent can say that about themselves. Not every person from my generation will have the same success.

And again, the realization that I have been a product of successful and prevailing unions from both sides of my family makes me more committed to be as wise, brave, enduring, committed and hopeful.