Monday, April 14, 2003

If terrorists had wanted to disable the PNP some, they could have bombed the 5th floor of our building yesterday, from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM. They would have even taken away some WPD, PCG and PPA top officials.

Ok, that is not a good joke. But it’s such thoughts that come to mind whenever I attend such prestigious meetings, to do un-prestigious tasks.

*~*

One PNP alalay had the gall to ask me for a charger. I could have shot him there and then.

*~*

Another PNP alalay did not even have the decency to ask me nicely to shoo the media people away. Just because I did not have a badge and wasn’t carting a gun and chaperoning someone else who has a badge and gun doesn’t mean he was a better person than I am. Really, politeness isn’t overrated.

*~*

What is it with PNP officials anyway… that they have to bring legions of alalays just to attend a meeting.. and why do their support technical assistant (read: person who will present the powerpoint presentation for them, reading from a brief and possibly… gasp… shock… operating a laptop) also has to have alalays? I mean, how many PNP people does it take to insert a diskette in a laptop anyway?

Again, just because these men have taken it upon themselves to make the Philippines secure doesn’t mean they are more important people than others. They CHOSE to lay their lives on the line… so they shouldn’t be strutting around as if all of them is the President.

*~*~

On a kinder note, when a really high official arrives, you can see the genuine respect and admiration from the eyes of every other PNP man. They would all greet the high official and go out of their way to make him comfortable. And you can almost see the unwritten story in how they look at the official… maybe, this one led them to a victorious operation.. maybe that one embodied professionalism and courage… maybe this other one is a friend who once laid his life to protect someone else’s life…

*~*

the bad news
Davao and Zamboanga are really threatened. I know am not saying anything that isn’t already known, what with the bombings at Davao.. but I would like to reiterate that in all the back corridors of intelligence… Davao is the number one on the terrorists’ agenda.

the good news
Philippine authorities are doing what they should.. and what they can…

I wonder if I’d be punished for uhm, this sort of breach of info. Anyway, people from those places, do take care. And please assist and cooperate with the authorties when you can. They can always come up with great plans but if you guys won’t help them implement these plans, nothing will be improved… certainly, not the economy and your peace and order situation there…

*~*

I saw my manager crush. Shucks, all it really takes is one look from him and I just can’t help but feel HOT and BOTHERED. He rattled me so much, I ended up ignoring/neglecting another manager. Hehehe… I still really wanna know why he’s called the KISSING BANDIT by friends.