Friday, April 11, 2003

TO THE PERSON WHO IS GETTING OBSSESSED WITH ME AND MY BLOG: Nowhere in this blog did I say that i'm pretty and beautiful. And as much as you make me laugh sometimes, i'm also concerned that you're no longer thinking straight. I mean, why waste time and effort to actually visit my blog? Why waste your energies in being upset and offended and threatened by me? I mean, if I don't know you in person, the chances of me seducing/rejecting you, or your guy, is pretty... zero, ryt?

*~*~*~*

One of my officemates is this guy old enough to be my father who took it upon himself to have lunch with me when I first worked here. We still have lunch together. It has been 3 years. And so, I have been party... ugh, what a term, witness... to his fight with cancer. So far, thank God... he's been declared cancer-free for over a year now. Still, the repercussions of undergoing radiation therapy couldn't be denied.

Anyway, before, it was him and another cancer-ridden officemate (the one who died) who would have lunch with me. And so, as I savor the leche flan (the only wonderful thing about lunch at work), they will regale me with stories about how painful everything is.. from the botched injections to chemotherapy aftermaths, to deadly concoctions and hopelessness...

Anyway, backgrounder aside... I sometimes really wish that this living officemate would stop telling me about how something ruptured in his ear and stained his pillow with pus.... while we're eating lunch..

I mean.. pus is pus... in whatever language and however sweetly you may refer to it.. it does not stop being this awful stuff that makes me wanna throw up..

Promise!!!!