Tuesday, January 07, 2003

advance Valentine mushiness:

"The best way to love is to love like you have never been hurt."

....aptly says why I have decided to remain single for so long. I want to give my next partner all the best that I have, and I don't want him shortchanged because of personal demons and unresolved issues and unfinished businesses that I may have.

I want to enter my next relationship with really open arms and a really hopeful, innocent, faithful heart. What would be the sense of being with the man of your dreams only to give him parts of you and not the whole parcel? And where is the wisdom of building a relationship where there is no readiness and surrender on your part? And, what is the point of saying I LOVE YOU again, and still not meaning (or shooting for) forever?