Sunday, January 12, 2003

Eating at our office canteen brings one back to the collective unconscious of his ancestors’ caveman days.

Promise!

When I line up for the food (you know, like the way you do in prisons) and scan the available viands, or when I finally sit to eat what I’ve chosen, I cannot help but think that those who operate the canteen cut the meat in big chunks because:

1) They are trying to live up to the port area workers in us, and believe that even office workers (you know, those who graduated with honors and work with computers and are taking up their masters/doctorate degree) eat like stevedores, or possess ape-like jaws

Or

2) It’s actually a scheme to ensure none of us will actually finish off our food so they would have something to sell to those with dogs in our agency (well, the meat cuts are more appropriate for dogs anyway)

I understand that in a sense, people are canine beings (check doggy position, oops, err… types of teeth I mean) but our canteen really sucks!!!

Golly!