Wednesday, January 01, 2003

MEC: A Virtuous Woman

Since I cannot sleep, I was reminded of a recent intelligent conversation I had with a friend.

I also realized that I am more virtuous than a lot of women out there in the sense that.... When I say I love you to a man, it is not because he was the only man who will have me, or the only man who respected me or gave me the time of day...but because I did love him, borne out of a choice and not out of a need. When I commit to a man, it's not because I fear losing him to other girls or because I believe no one else will knock on my door....but because I only choose to love a man who deserves nothing but the highest from me. There is no virtue in believing you have no other options.

And it's such a sad thing when a man mistakes ignorance for innocence in a woman. And a sadder thing when a man would rather pick a girl who does not know how to party and call her virtuous just because she has not been around much. I am no slut and I also do not like women who treat themselves as cheap commodities....but I pride myself, and I hope my future man will think the same, with the fact that I have kept my self-respect in moments where others would have discarded theirs...and have practiced self-discipline where others would have been tempted.

And to my male friends....surely you deserve better than winning a woman who do not even attract other men? And how can you even say that a certain woman chose you when it doesn't seem like you're much of a choice by reason of lack of competitors? And isn't it sweeter to know that she chose you among all other men...and remains faithful to you despite all other men?

Ah basta, am virtuous. And no one can convince me otherwise.

(aside: ang cute-cute pala ng boobs ko....pramis!!! and am not just saying that kasi they're mine and by virtue of self-love. Basta...ang cute ng roundness nila, yung firmness nila...tas yung nipples nila..basta.....ang cute-cute nila....)